Monday, March 17, 2008

 A wee bit o' luck! And a Happy Birthday Wish!


Someday I may write about the worst St. Patrick's day of my life. Actually, I may have already, but I have a headache now and don't feel like checking, so I'll get back to you on that.


Today was not the best St. Patrick's day, but it was a good one! I got woken up with a happy phone call. Remember that conference I went to with the truffles on my pillow and the limo and all that? Well they called to tell me I never cashed my reimbursement check- for $236! I thought I had, but they assured me I had not and they will be reissuing me one promptly. YAY!


So I thought that this was a wee bit o' luck, a mini pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I was hoping that I'd get even lucker as the day went on, but nope, it was just wee. But that's ok :)


Today is my Little Boy's birthday! So I went to get him a special birthday treat. Now I would guess that most cat owners who buy birthday treats for their kitties get either cat treats, or maybe some tuna or chicken. Perhaps a catnip mouse or a new scratching post? Well none of those things really do it for Seamus. (Well, other than Greenies aka Kitty Crack, but he got some of those already so I needed something extra special) What did I get Seamus for his birthday? A Subway sub. Yes, my kitties love subs. Go figure. If I just buy them lunch meat, they have no interest in it, it has to come from MY sub. So I went and picked one up for myself for dinner, and ordered double meat because I knew I'd be giving more than half of it away. We ate it on the porch in the sunshine and life was swell :)


12 years ago the cuttest black kitty cat was born, and I am so blessed to have him in my life. I'd post a baby picture of him, but I'm too tired to get the scanner out, so I'll post one I took the other day. My life has been so enriched thanks to him, and I thank God for bringing him into the world.
Happy Birthday Seamus Patrick O'Kitty!

Posted by Acinom @ 11:22 PM