Wednesday, February 27, 2008

 Smile, Mon


So this past weekend I had to go buy cat fud. First thing in the morning. Bleh. I woke up early, showered and stumbled out the door to Kmart which has the cheapest cat fud around. Seriously cheaper, actually! I get the case of 24 Fancy Feasts, at the Food Lion it's $15, at Kmart it's $10! SO this is why I am compelled to go into this store. That, and it's very close by. Anyway, it was a dreary morning, I was still tired, and I was in Kmart- all crankifying things. I go to the pet aisle, and they had two cases; one nice one, and one case that taken apart that I had to reassemble.

I go to pay and see one lane open FILLED with men, several with fishing rods. There was nobody at the Customer Service desk. I go there to pay, as the woman was just standing there. I wander up balancing my purchase and she tells me that I need to go to a checkout line instead. (I wanted to say "Oh! I read this wrong, I thought checking customers out was a type of customer service, I see this is the customer DISservice line" but I didn't)

I balance my stuff as I wabble over to the long line of fisherman. 2 of them were trying to buy a license and the girl did not know how to ring that up. They were also buying many little lures and stuff. I gather that perhaps Saturday must have been the first day of season or something? Anyway, I finally pay and get to leave. By now I'm quasi cranky.

I get to the parking lot and across from me was a car with a bumper sticker that said "Smile, Mon!"

Now I chances are this had something to do with Jamaica, but I like to think that it was there for me. How many other people get to see their name on a bumper sticker telling them to smile?

So I did just that and guess what- it helped my mood vastly! :)

And hopefully I can hold on to this tomorrow... At 830am I have a hearing for unemployment. I was denied because they said I didn't have a good reason to quit. Apparently if I quit for medical reasons though that is a good enough reason, so hopefully they will see it that way tomorrow in the hearing. Maybe I'll keep up that pic during the hearing (it's by phone) to keep me thinking positively :)

Posted by Acinom @ 8:44 PM