Thursday, December 06, 2007

 Merry Christmas- I got these pictures for you


I think this is what I will be getting everyone for Christmas- framed views of my little boy's lungs.

Yes, I spent mucho dinero at the vet today.

With Seamus having HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) he is at an increased risk of CHF (Congestive Heart Failure). Last night and this morning he was breathing heavy and wheezing.

So off to the vet...


Good news- it's not CHF. However, it is an infection with bronchial involvement. He may be
the best pill taking kitty cat in the world, but I feel badly that he gets 4 extra a day for the next two weeks :(

And since I spent Christmas money on the vet, these are what Im giving people ;)

But I do have to share what a dork I am.
..

I've always had the problem with hearing Seamus's lungs are that he always purrs when I go near him. Well he was in bed under the blanket and and I went in to check on him. I thought I could sneak up and listen through the blanket. So I did, and I lay my head on him and OMG! NO breathing! NO Pulse! He's COLD!!!

And then the lump that I thought was a pillow started purring.

So yeah, my pillow has no pulse and I think it's dead :(

Posted by Acinom @ 4:00 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh no! Monica, that's horrible!! I feel so bad for you and your pillow loss. I only hope that some day, you can find another pillow that can fill that void on your bed.

And, I hope your kitty gets well soon! It's never fun having a sick kitty...

Posted by Blogger Andrew @ 7:14 PM #
 
<< Home