Monday, December 24, 2007

 Chrismas Adam and a visit from an Elf

I meant to post this yesterday, but never got around to it, whoops!

Every since we were little kids, my sister and I started referring to December 23rd as Christmas Adam. We figured Adam came before Ever, so it just made sense. Over the years we have shared this with tons of people and now there are lots of people out there calling that date Christmas Adam. I think that's cool that we're trend setters :)

So I was a little stressed about how to spend Christmas this year. I wanted to go to my best friend's beach house here in NC and spend it with their family. Those are the girls I call my nieces and love to pieces. I mean really, is Christmas anything special without kids? I don't think so. I want to see the excitement Christmas Eve, when they can't get to sleep because they don't want to miss Santa, but are afraid he won't come if they don't sleep...

I really want to see their faces on Christmas morning after Santa's brought his load on his sleigh.

I want the love and hugs that only they can give.

But money is tight, and gas is expensive. I was stressed trying to decide what to do. I just couldn't see spending 2 tanks of gas when I have so little left in my bank account. I was crushed, but I was pretty sure I was going to have to tell my friend that I couldn't make it.

And then I was talking to an elf. She asked me how I was spending my holiday and I told her my dilemma. I was simply lamenting how I thought I couldn't justify spending that money on gas, so I was thinking I had to beg off. I wasn't trying to hint or even complaining really, I was just resigned to this fact.

And then the next day I got a text message from this elf- look under your door.

I did, and there was gas gift card.

I cried. The elf could have said she'd loan me the money, but she knew that I wouldn't take it. She knew that if she gave it to me in the form of a gas card that I had to honor her wishes to make my wish come true.

I am so blessed to have people in my life who care about me like this. I hope that elf knows how much I appreciate what she did for me. I hope that someday I can give her a gift as thoughtful and special and meaningful as this was for me.

I hope she knows that because of her, I will be having a Merry Christmas. and I hope that this is the Merriest of Christmases for all those that I care about, and that Santa brings everyone love and peace and happiness and joy.

Posted by Acinom @ 10:45 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Hey hun!

That was a great Christmas story...I'm glad you were able to spend your holiday with people you love.

I'm a little slow, but, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope '08 brings you tons of happiness, love, and success!

Posted by Blogger Andrew @ 10:03 PM #
 
<< Home