Sunday, November 04, 2007

 Time after Time

Question du Jour: Do you have any nieces or nephews?

I have a feline nephew and 4 pseudo nieces. One is someone who I lived with her and her mom up in Massachusettes, the other 3 are my best friend's daughters. I love each of my pseudo nieces just as much, if not more, than any human one I could have. I think this is because they are family by choice, not just blood.


So I just feel the need to bitch about daylight savings time. Fall isn't nearly as bad as spring, but both mess with me. I have narcolepsy, which is a neurological sleep disorder. I have it controlled for the most part, but I can easily get out of whack if my sleep gets screwy. It's a freaking nightmare in the spring DST- in fact that has actually been named Narcolepsy Awareness Week because it gives a small peek for normal people into how it is for us.

I wish I understood the point of DST more. Maybe then I wouldn't hate it so much. But right now, I see it as something that just screws my life up. I was hungry for meals at odd times, I'll be ready for bed too early, and it's not even 6pm and is almost dark.

Today I almost missed a chance to spend time with my best friend and 2 of my neicecs because their mom ended up getting up extra early because of the time change, and so they were on the road way early. I hate that I hardly see them anymore since I moved from Maryland, but they have a beach house here in NC and so whenever they are driving down (or up) 95 I try to meet up with them on the route for lunch or dinner or whatever. Fortunately though, I was able to drop everything last minute and meet up with them. I got full up of love and baby cuddles (and good hashbrowns!) and so even though today, being the first day of DST could have sucked, it didn't.

Posted by Acinom @ 5:37 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Whew, do I ever have nieces and nephews: 17 nephews, 15 nieces, 3 nephews in-law, 1 niece in-law, and 3 great-nieces. Yeah, it's out of control.

Posted by Blogger LG @ 8:42 PM #
 

Wow! That's a whole whack-load of nieces and nephews!!

I only have 1 newphew (for now, more on the way). I don't really spend a lot of time with him since we don't like to spend a lot of time with his parents.

And Mon, I am actually digging DST this fall for some reason...I find I am going to bed an hour earlier (because of the time difference), but that extra hour of sleep has been AWESOME! I'm less of a grumpy bear after coming home from work!

Take care,
hugs and kisses!

Posted by Blogger Andrew @ 10:02 PM #
 
<< Home