Wednesday, November 07, 2007

 Pink Flags

Question du Jour: What is a trait you have in yourself that you consider both a strength and a weakness?

In this case I would say mine is how forgiving I can or cannot be.


So I was reading my friend AJ's most recent post over at her blog where she's talking about red flags in relationships. It really got me thinking...

As anyone who's ever read a post of mine knows, I'm still single. And one of the reasons I have been told this is true is that I am too picky. I always respond that if I was going to settle, I would have already. But then every now and again I begin to wonder if I write people off too quickly without giving them a chance.

AJ's post about recognizing red flags and not jumping in too fast at first made me want to pat myself on the back for already taking her advice. But then I started wondering again... am I seeing just pink flags and already calling them red without giving them a chance?

I think it's a fine line. Her point was to not ignore red flags, and I think that's hugely important. My point is that sometimes we might call a pink flag red and write someone off too quickly.

On the other hand though, every time I go against my gut that tells me that he's not the right one, and give him a chance (whether that be a first date I would have normally said no to, or a third date in case maybe it's one of those situations where someone might get more attractive as you get to know them) I invariably end up telling myself that my gut was right. I know what I want, more importantly, I know what I don't want, and I should just trust that.

But then again, I am still single, so who knows.

Maybe I need to stop looking at Red or Pink flags and start focusing on green or checkered ones?

Posted by Acinom @ 11:37 AM

Read or Post a Comment

lol - i think we both need to buy battery operated flags and just be done with it! :)

Posted by Blogger AJ @ 7:42 PM #
 
<< Home