Wednesday, November 21, 2007

 Isn't Life Swell???

Ok I think I've basked enough to finally be able to put it into some words.

I had the most amazing trip, as I mentioned before...

It started off kinda unfun- I got to the airport and while waiting for my flight found that there were oodles of small children waiting at the same gate as me. And of course, when I got on, there was a small one in a car seat trying to steal my window seat. The dad offered me the aisle seat instead, but, being the bitch that I am, explained that I wanted the window, that is the seat I paid for, so sorry. He moved the carseat to the middle row, I crawled over it to my window and promptly hooked myself into the satellite radio that Airtran offers for free and dove into Broken Music, nothing like a little Sting to cheer me up! The flight after that was fairly uneventfulu other than a multitude of screaming children, but I was to pumped up to care.

I arrived in Atlanta and called my friend Corky who was picking me up, and we had perfect timing, I walked out of the door right as she was pulling up! NOW we can get this party started! C and I went back to her townhouse to wait for our other friend, Biff, to call after she was finished with her afternoon commitment. After a while, C and I were wondering what was taking her so long to call, so we called her. Guess what? She was sitting home waiting for our call, assuming my flight must have been late! Silly us! So off we go to pick her up and then to dinner. When deciding where to eat I could have sworn they said "Feed-o" when the suggested one place, and I thought that sounded swell! Whoops, it was really called Figo, but was still tres tasty! After that it was back to Corky's for a slumber party!

Ok so I know that any men reading this are picturing cute nighties and pillow fights, but actually what it involved was wine, reminiscing, and some of the old board games we used to play back in the dorms. With three of us we always played Me and C, vs C and B, vs B and Me. It rawked. Oh yeah, we also listened to much Police.

The next morning we listened to more Police, played more games, and basically tried not to jump out of our skin's with excitement. Finally, it was time to go!!

We got there and had our VIP valet parking at the Omni thanks to my sister's friend who works for someone important in Atlanta, and then headed over to the arena. Everyone who worked there was mad hospitable and all encouraged us to have a good time and enjoy the show. We knew this wouldn't be hard! I bought an overpriced t shirt and then we settled in to watch the opening act.

Fiction Plane RAWKED! They are like one of my newest favorite bands! Oh yeah, and the lead singer is Sting's eldest son! But seriously, I liked them on their own merit. Not unlike the other time's I've seen Sting live- I've always loved his opening bands!

And then the show started. I am very proud of myself for not peeing myself! I was SO excited! They opened with Message in a Bottle, which i thought was a great choice. The rest of the set was as follows:

Synchronicity II
Walking on the Moon
Too Much Information
Don’t Stand So Close to Me
Driven to tears
Hole in My Life
Hit the Road Jack
Truth Hits Everybody
Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
Wrapped Around Your Finger
De Do Do Do De Da Da Da
Invisible Sun
Walking in your Footsteps
Can’t Stand Losing You/Regatta de Blanc medley
Roxanne

First Encore:
King of Pain
So Lonely
Every Breath You Take

Second Encore:
Next to You


Sadly, that was the end. But it was a perfect night. Perfect.

I spent the next day just hanging out with Biff and then off to lunch with her and her hubby at Waffle House, then to visit Corky at work (she works in a museum so we got to check it out) and then to the airport.

When I got to the airport the 5pm flight had been delayed and so I asked if I could get on that one instead of my 7pm one. Not only did I get on it, but I got to sit in Business Class! A perfect treat for the perfect weekend.My life is so much closer to complete now that I've seen the Police live.

Life... is swell...



Posted by Acinom @ 6:56 PM