Saturday, November 03, 2007

 Home Sweet Home

Question du Jour: What is your favorite place you've ever visited?

Mine would definitely be Sedona, Arizona


So I had such a great time in Indy!! Of course being spoiled didn't hurt a bit. And I posted that one in the morning. I could go on and on about the ways we were spoiled (ie: fillet mignon for dinner) but I won't because then you'll just be jealous of me.

But the thing was, this conference was attended primarily by volunteers. That's why I went- for a volunteer gig that I sometimes wonder why I would offer to do such a job for no money. Many of the women I met are involved in an even greater level, some of them nationally even. I think it is great that the company that put on the conference for us recognize that volunteers don't seem to get the appreciation they deserve and made a point of rectifying that. (of course one of the sessions was all about volunteer recruitment and retention...)

But what was even greater than the bevy of knowledge I gained, were the friendships I made. It was weird. Four of us all had 2 hours to kill before our flights so we went to TGI Friday's and got a bunch of apps and a few drinks. We hung out and it felt like we had been friends forever. I was the first who had to leave, grabbed my bag and said goodbye- and it felt like I should have said "see you next week" or something like that. Instead I said "It was great meeting you!" As I was walking out I heard this one guy say "they just met??"

I love when stuff like that happens. When you find like-minded individuals who are just easy to be with.

I hate when they all live in cities hundreds of miles away.

But it's still cool.

And now I'm EXHAUSTED and going to crash in front of the fire and catch up on missed TV.

Till tomorrow...

Posted by Acinom @ 8:51 PM