Tuesday, November 06, 2007

 A healthcare bitch

Question du Jour: Are you good about preventative health appointments?

I try to be good about it. I do my annual gyn, eye doc, skin check, mamm, and dentist.

I had it going on that I had all of these appointments all in October, but because of the ridicuoulsness of the state of healthcare today that hasn't happened anymore.

In August I called to set up some of these appointments. The dermatologist was booking out till February!! So I switched to a different practice. My gyno was booking out till the first week in November, so I had to switch that, but I wasn't too upset with it because it was close.

However something's come up and I had to reschedule that appointment that was supposed to be this week. I called, and guess what- next available is January.

Seriously. Thank God I'm not actually sick! How insane is it to have to go so long before being able to get in? I know people who try to make appointments with orthopods and it takes them like 3 months to get in.

I just can't believe the way it is. Why is it that way? I really don't understand the need to book out so far? I mean really- it's not like there is a shortage of doctors in the triangle area.

I wonder if it's this bad in other countries?

Posted by Acinom @ 7:58 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I love the insurance cycles. I'm allowed two dental cleanings/exams a year. But they can't schedule them less than 180 days apart. So because of scheduling conflicts my December/June cycle is now seven years later a February/August cycle and I'll eventually move all the way through a calendar year. How hard is it to just let me get my teeth cleaned every December and June regardless of the exact number of days in between??

Posted by Blogger AJ @ 8:20 PM #
 
<< Home