Thursday, November 01, 2007

 Happy NaBloPoMo!

Day one, this is gonna be fun...

Last year I did a question du jour to try and encourage comments, so I think that I'll be doing that again this year :)

So- QUESTION DU JOUR:

What is the biggest change in your life from last November till this?

This is a huge question for me. Last year, I was still injured, could barely walk, was working a "light duty" job right by my real job and being treated like crap by those who I should have been working with but couldn't. This year I am finally healed, no longer in the shitty job, and life is full of possibilities. It's a good thing :)

So this evening I'm headed out to Indianapolis for a conference. I'm really looking forward to it. I was chosen to be one of two nationally to be representatives at this gig, so I'm pretty honored. It's all expense paid, and I just found out that the other delegate is bringing her husband so she's paying for her own room so I don't even have to share a room! This is probably the best part of all! Sleep is my friend. If I don't get enough, I don't do well. I actually feel like I'm hung over if I'm overtired. The one bit of stress that I had about this trip was that they would make me share a room with someone who snored loud and would keep me up. So now I will have good night's sleep and can be all bright eyed and bushy tailed for the sessions.

I still need to do a load of laundry and straighten up before I go though. I'm leaving my babies behind which stresses me out a bit, but I got a cool auto feeder thing and my friend Sherry is going to stop in on her way home from work tomorrow to check in on them. I don't leave till this evening, and I get back Saturday late afternoon, so they will barely be alone. Since she's checking in at the halfway point, I'm sure they'll be ok. I'm doing a bit of extra cuddle time now though so it's getting harder to type so I think I'll end this now.

My post tomorrow will be short since I have to do the distance thing, but I will not fail this early in the month! :) Good luck everyone!

Posted by Acinom @ 8:44 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Last November, I had just had some major surgery and was still recuperating. I was a full-time student at the time, but didn't take classes because of the surgery. Since then, I've had to drop out of school anyway, and am now working full-time. So I went from an invalid to a worker-bee. That's pretty big in my life :)

Posted by Blogger Candy @ 2:23 PM #
 

Last year at this time, my husband still lived in town 7 days a week, and I was "just" another employee. Now I'm the boss at work, and he's gone all week, which makes me a pseudo-single mother. Whee.

Posted by Blogger Refinnej @ 9:39 AM #
 
<< Home