Friday, November 23, 2007

 Do you ever think you're invisible?

Or maybe in stealth mode even though you don't want to be? Tonight I had to run out to get cat fud and I was almost hit twice. The first time is when someone wanted to be in the lane I happened to be in. Fortunately there was nobody in front of me so I floored it and avoided being hit.

This of course brings me back to a scary flashback of Advanced Driver's Training in high school. We would go out to an unfinished part of highway and basically do very dangerous things in cars. We would skid, spin, fly off the road, almost hit each other- it was great fun! I did actually learn a few things there though. One was that there were three ways to avoid an accident- braking is the obvious one, steering is also pretty obvious, and the last is accelerating. And yes, thank you Mr. Rowe, I used that tonight to stay safe :)

I stopped at Blockbuster first, then walked over to the grocery store across the way from it. As I was crossing the street a car FLEW through a stop sign and came very close to flattening me. I looked at her and she made a praying motion at me- I guess she was either thanking God that I jumped out of the way, or was praying that I would forgive her for attempted murder.

And this is where I began to wonder if I was accidentally invisible. I mean, 2 people tried to be in the exact spot that I was in within 15 minutes of each other. I always thought that the power of invisibility would be wicked cool, but not of it means being run down. I wish I had the ability to control this power. Think of all of the interesting things you could do with it! Hell, I could go to every Police concert without having to pay :)

Ok off to watch my movies I almost died getting...

Posted by Acinom @ 9:10 PM