Thursday, November 22, 2007

 All by myself...

Well, by myself and 2 kitties....

But that's how I spent Thanksgiving this year. And I'm all good with that.

When I lived in Arizona I had many single friends who all lived far away from their families. One used to hostess Thanksgiving every year and those were some of the best Thanksgivings I've had in recent years.

Since then, I always get invited to other people's family dinners. I think it's wonderful that my friends care, don't get me wrong... but I hate being the charity guest. I told everyone who asked this year that I was going to go spend it with my best friend's family at the beach this year. I had no idea if that was what I was going to do, but it was a good excuse to not get pressured by people. I even thought that I might actually do that too. And then I found out that they weren't coming to the beach this year, so it wasn't even an option. I confess I was torn between being disappointed and relieved. Disappointed because I love them and wanted to spend time with them, but relieved because I did not feel like making the drive, and I got to spend the day in PJ's with kitties being slothlike.

And for that... I am thankful...

Posted by Acinom @ 9:41 PM