Wednesday, October 17, 2007

 This makes me sad

A friend of mine is ending her marriage. And the saddest part of it is that they are both good people, but it is for the best. Well maybe not the best for him, but definitely the best for her and their children. And it sucks.

They had had relationship problems many years ago early in their marriage and got through those. They worked hard and rebuilt trust. They seemed to have made it work. But then time and circumstance changed all of that.

She's going through so much stress trying to make the right decisions and choices for her and her kids. I wish there were easy answers for her.

I remember ending a long relationship/engagement and I know how tough that was. I can't even imagine what it would have been like with 14 years, two kids, co-owned property and all that love that had been great once in the mix.

Fortunately she is a strong person who has many people sending their good thoughts and prayers her way. I know down the road she will be happy again.

I hate that seeing that relationship dissolve for selfish reasons too. If I thought that was a good relationship and I was wrong, than how can I ever believe that I can find a good one myself? I know that I need to accept that the only people who really know the relationship are those who are in it, but it still leaves me unsettled.

And anyway, that's why I'm sad.

Posted by Acinom @ 9:31 PM