Wednesday, October 10, 2007

 Decisions Decisions...

So it's still early enough in the fall TV season that I have yet to decide on a regular schedule. Tonight I have two shows at 9 that I'd like to watch- neither of which I'm totally hooked on yet. I'll DVR one, but trying to decide which to watch live is tough.

Being on the ABC Studio's advisory panel I feel a bit of loyalty to Private Practice. I was part of the first focus group after the pilot, and I'm happy to say that they made some changes that we suggested. Then we had the chance to watch the first 2 episodes about a month ago to give more feedback before it hit the airwaves. I feel very important and special. It's always cool when they listen. Of course we all have said we hate Geozzy on Greys and they haven't seem to listen to us on that one yet, but we'll see.

Anyway, I have this loyalty to Private Practice, but I also have one to Bionic Woman. The reason I have a connection to this show is because I went to High School with one of the stars. Molly Price was a few years ahead of us, but I knew her through doing some other plays and stuff with her. Plus her brother was in my class, and her whole family went to my church. Speaking of her brother, he didn't bother going to our reunion. His loss.

Anyway, how do I decide which one is worthy of live watching? Often my sis and I will IM during shows we both watch, so I just IM'd her to ask what she was doing, and she hasn't decided yet either. (She's also on the Panel and same HS as Molly so she has the same conundrum as I do)

It's funny how we live 500 miles apart, but watch TV together. We ALWAYS watch Lost together; either via IM or with phone calls during the commercials. So when I tell people I have to be home in time for a TV show they don't get why I can't just DVR it. But stuff like that is more of a bonding family thing than just a show, and I guess it's just hard to explain.

Well, I have a few hours before I need to do my duty TV watching. I think I'm going to go for a swim in the tub. I wasn't allowed to soak in the bath when I had my stitches in. I just need to go dig up a new book to read...


Posted by Acinom @ 6:11 PM