Thursday, October 11, 2007

 Coming out of hibernation

So every now and again I like to ignore the world around me. I don't answer the phone, I don't reply to emails, I just spend time in my own little world.

Sometimes I am worse than other times. This past week or so since I went to Jersey I hadn't been a good girl about replying to many emails- only the ones I really felt like responding to.

So then today I had to get back to reality and actually go through all my emails and respond to all of them, deal with some stuff, etc etc.

I also looked at my resume. I found a job I might apply to.

And while I do feel somewhat good about getting out of a rut, it also kinda sucks.

I love being able to hibernate. I guess it's not the most mature way to be, but it works for me. A vacation from the world around me makes me enjoy that world more when I step back into it.

So I answered all the bullshit emails that I've been putting off, and then waited for responses back and got none. So is this punishment for blowing people off for 4 days, or is it normal and the guilt I felt for doing it myself was uncalled for?


And in other news, I am pondering building a small fire. I love my fireplace more than I can express, and I still have 4 logs left from last year. Now those must be some seriously seasoned logs, and I bet it'll be a perfect fire. And afterall, Survivor is on tonight, and we all know that fire represents life, so if I want to actually get a life, maybe I should do it. It's only 62 right now and supposed to go down to the 40's overnight. I think I am going to do it!

So I have to run- 4 minutes till Survivor and I need to build my fire!

Posted by Acinom @ 7:52 PM