Wednesday, August 29, 2007

 A little bit o' pampering


So the new house mom has been stressing hard since she started getting used to everything and of course every day new challenges come her way. For the last 2 weeks she kept commenting on how she wish she had time just to go get her nails done. Well today I went to the house and told her we were going now, no excuses. While she got hers done, I figured I should too! It'd have been silly to just sit there and watch- right? Well here comes a confession- I had never had a pedicure before. I'm weird- I will be super generous spending money on some stuff, but then super stingy on others. Nails and hair are definitely 2 of m stingiest things. But you know, I just felt like splurging today, and so I did. My toes now are pretty in Aphrodite's Pink Nightie. The picture doesn't even do them justice- it's a really cute shade of pink :) I'm happy. One could even say I'm tickled pink ;) It was weird though, having someone working on my feet. And while one nail tech was doing my feet, another was doing my hands. The chair was a massage chair and I was half in heaven, and half feeling wicked guilty being spoiled like that. It was really strange. But I'm glad I did it. I know I won't become addicted though, because I still can't justify spending money on painting my toes when I can do it myself, but it was still a super nice afternoon.

Posted by Acinom @ 9:34 PM