Thursday, June 07, 2007

 Yesterday was my unniversary

Yes, you read that right. Not ANniversary but UN-niversary! 9 years ago on June 6th I was supposed to get married. I had the dress, the hotel for the reception booked, flowers planned, dj and limo booked, and then the day before we were supposed to order the bridesmaid dresses I called it off. I figured if I wasn't sure, I shouldn't make my friends risk losing that money on dresses they would never wear.

It was a tough decision, but the best I have ever made.

And so every year I acknowledge my unniversary as the date that I saved my life. I realized that I was better off alone than I was being in a relationship just for the sake of being in a relationship.

Of course I'm not alone, I am 5 cats shy of being a crazy cat lady! But I'm happy and that's all that matters!

UNniversary
9 years past what wasn't
I made the right choice

I am 5 cats shy
not quite crazy cat chick
2 are good for me!


Posted by Acinom @ 5:41 PM