Thursday, June 14, 2007

 Thinking of random people

So today someone who I wasn't that close to, and haven't thought of in years popped into my head. She was the freshman year roommate of a college friend of mine. We hung out in groups at times, but for the most part, we weren't close. However, one time we were listening to Nada Como el Sol by Sting and she translated Mariposa Libre. Today I heard Si Estamos Juntos on my ipod and that led me to think of the other songs from that CD, etc etc and then I thought of Carmen.

Which made me wonder if there are random people out there who have the same type of passing flashes of thoughts about me.

Tonight at dinner with my friend Sherry I ended up telling her a story about back at camp in forth grade this girl Ramona told everyone in the unit that another girl, Johanna, "Made a long doo-doo". So those are two other completely random, pretty insignificant people that I've known that I thought of.

So if others have random thoughts about me, I wonder what it is that makes them think of me. I wonder if I even remember them.

While sitting here writing this, it's made me think of many other people I knew briefly or randomly. Like that guy I sat next to on a flight once who was so darn cute. And the woman who was the manager of the store across the hall from me back when I was in retail. And an old coworker from my highschool job. I don't know if I really have a point. I just felt like sharing. I just hope that the smiles that i had when I thought of these people send some happy energy their way. And I hope that if people do have random fleeting thoughts of me that it makes them smile too.

Posted by Acinom @ 9:41 PM