Sunday, July 01, 2007

 Oops he did it again

So sometimes insomnia is not a bad thing.

I was having trouble falling asleep tonight. My brain wouldn't shut off and I was pondering getting back up and either doing something constructive or reading. But instead I just stayed in bed trying to breathe myself into slumber.

Fortunately I hadn't fallen out yet. Little boy came bounding up into bed with his mighty hunter sounds. Ringo, who had been snoozing next to me got up and went over to his brother to check something out. I grabbed the penlight I keep on my nightstand and steeled myself for what I knew I'd find.

And yes, there it was. Another mouse.

I guess I can count the blessing that he did NOT do it when Aunt Michelle was here. She was afraid he'd give her a "thanks for taking care of us" gift the whole time she was here. I'll have to let her know that he was a little late with it, but I am sure this one was meant for her.

The other blessing was that I was still awake. Had I not been one of two things could have happened-
1. Little Boy would have meowed me up and I never would have been able to fall back asleep.
2. I would have rolled over on the dead mouse in bed in my sleep.

Again, thank goodness for a little insomnia.

Ugh.

Posted by Acinom @ 12:57 AM