Thursday, May 17, 2007

 I'm afraid of my cat :(

It's sad, because I know he thought he was doing a good thing. Unfortunately, what has happened as a result is that I'm afraid every time he jumps into bed. This morning at way too early Seamus jumped up near my pillow and meowed at me. The last 2 times he did this was to bring a dead mouse into bed as a gift. So of course, my first reaction this morning was to look for the dead mouse.

For the last many many years, my little boy has been an "under the blanket" kind of cuddler. He always would just headbutt or meow for me to lift the blanket so he could come under and snuggle. This has been part of him for FAR longer than the mouse thing.

And that's all he wanted this morning.

I feel so bad that he just wanted cuddles and I freaked.

I'm not sure how to move past this.

Because *something* clearly happened last night. I came out to the living room and one of the couch cushions is knocked over and askew, and there's a little desk lamp that I had been using when I was doing puzzles that's knocked over. It looks like some kind of struggle took place, and I'm pretty sure it was kitty/kitty. But part of me thinks "what if there was a mouse on the couch?"

Oy. I dont know how to work through this!

Posted by Acinom @ 10:20 AM