Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 Hmm disappearing posts?

I just posted that one about COBRA sucking and when I viewed it there were some posts I could have SWORN I wrote not there.

So now the question is, did I not actually post them and just hallucinated it, or is there some weird blogger glitch?

Ill try and recreate them as best as I can from memory.

Date: May 22nd
Title: The joys of motherhood...Or, how to waste $67 dollars...

So I just spent 67 dollars to be told to feed my cat vaseline.

I still have the litter box in the corner of my room from when I was on poop patrol for Seamus a few weeks ago. I was hanging out in bed, watching Judging Amy and Ringo came in to use the box. He was straining to poop and nothing. Dig dig dig, try another spot in the box, nothing. So he went into the bathroom (which I can see from bed) and tried pooping on the floor there. He has a history of bladder crystals and whenever he got those he'd pee on the bathroom floor to tell me something was wrong so this was definitely a sign for me. Anyway, nothing came out, but he ended up prolapsing his anus.

I called the vet, they said to come right in, by the time we got there it had gone back in. So she said feed him Vaseline and thanks for coming.

All that stress and money and if I hadnt been home, I never would have seen it prolapse and he'd be fine.

Rah. At least he didnt bite anyone this time ;)

Date: May 27
Title: Tea for Two

I have this really nice neighbor. (She's the one who shares a front porch with me, not the downstairs bug infested ones.) I've liked her since she moved in over a year ago, and always say I should make more of an effort to hang with her, but other than one time when she joined us for Beadazzling and then the other random running into each other chats, we really haven't hung out.

She gave me a call this Sunday to check on me because my car doesn't move much anymore. And then she invited me over for tea. I told her that would be lovely and I was just sorting laundry, I'd be there in about 20 min. Well I knock on the door 20 min later and she has made tea in an actual pot, and has set out some apple bread and fresh sliced strawberries. Mind you, this is all on fine china. (the china doesn't match at least! But that's because she collects random pretty china that makes her happy, which makes it even more quaint and sweet actually!)
If I had invited her over for tea it would have been the kettle boiling, and do you want my mug stolen from Denny's back in college, or the one that I won from that radio station down in Atlanta back in 1994?

But let me tell you, it wasn't uppity at all, it was just so damn nice. We took our tea and crumpets out to the porch and just hung out for hours chatting about everything from religion and politics to trees and television. It was so relaxed and lovely. She then fed me lunch because we hung for so long. She even sent me home with some extra applebread.

I really do have the nicest neighbor. I truly hope that the "we need to get together more often" actually happens in the future. It's wonderful to have someone so close who's just so damn nice. Ive been blessed, I really should take advantage of it.

(Plus if I know she could drop over at any given moment then Ill be better about keeping everything tidy!)



So there are my two disappearing posts. Oh and one other update- I've chickened out for now about the haircut. I may change my mind tomorrow though, who knows.



Posted by Acinom @ 12:36 PM