Wednesday, May 09, 2007

 Eep

So I knew it had been a while since I updated, but I hadn't realized it'd been THIS long! I feel bad now! I was doing the funk thing very well, spending hours upon hours doing a whole lot of nothing, and it just got easier to not post. When one's day consists of watching TV, there's not alot to say.

Today though, I had something that finally got my ass on here to update. But before that, let me update yinz on the rest of what's been going on...


Um... ok so I cant think of much.

Oh yeah. Well a week and a half ago I got a call from the massage school asking if I'd be interested in coming in for a "complementary massage"! Um HELL YEAH! It was their last day of clinicals and they had some slots to fill. It was great. The student was awesome and did a great job. Any tension I was holding in my muscles was gone. For about 30 minutes. On the way home I was stopped at a red light and oops, the girl behind me forgot to stop. She was a high school girl who just got new eyelashes for her prom that night. They distracted her a bit. Fortunately, as you can see, there was only minor damage to the bumper and no injuries (although the massage was shot to hell!) and the family was great about the whole thing. I am disappointed they didn't buy me a gift certificate for a new massage though. I had a little bit of a sore neck for a few days, but nothing Advil couldn't handle, and I do think that it was because I was so relaxed from the massage that the muscles didn't spasm more than that, but still... Anyway, repairs are done and that's history now.

Last weekend my friend Deena and I volunteered at the Making Memories Brides Against Breast Cancer Wedding Dress Sale. It's an awesome organization that had granted a wish for our dear friend Ginni, so we try and volunteer whenever they are in town to give back to them for giving to her. It's also a blast! How much fun is it to help brides find their perfect gowns? I love fluffing their trains for them and helping angle the mirrors so they get the best view and telling them how gorgeous they look. It's nothing but happy. No Bridezillas would consider coming to a charity wedding dress sale, so it's only the good ones. Although the Bridezilla's are stupid because there are some couture dresses that are worth several thousand being sold for $700. Designer one of a kind dresses only ever worn on the runway models, how cools is that? But the coolest part is that 100% of the profits go to granting wishes to metastatic breast cancer patients to help them make some special memories with their families. Anyway, check out the site, and do what you can to support this awesome cause.

Other than that, the only big news is that my little boy is a mighty hunter! About a month ago I woke up to him standing over me in bed meowing his furry head off. This is common for Ringo to decide I need to be awake, but not so much for Seamus. When I finally opened my eyes I found he had killed a mouse and brought it to me (IN BED!) as a gift. Um, thanks.

Now Little Boy loves his Phone Gramma. Both of my boys love to talk to their Gramma on the phone, but lately Seamus has been really into it. I keep my cell phone under my pillow at night and sometimes Seamus will dig with his paw and drag it out, then pull out the antenna with his teeth and headbutt thing thing like he's trying to get it to work. This morning he did that again. But this time, he left a gift next to the phone, which I can only guess was for his Phone Gramma. Unfortuately it was 5am so we had to hold off on calling her for a bit, but I took a pic and emailed it to her so she could see what he was so excited about! I, on the other hand, was not so much excited. The last mouse I pitched into the woods after scooping it up with the litter scoop. This one I just burried at sea.

So here in lies the conundrum. If I let the complex know Id like the exterminator to come, he will leave poison around. This doesnt seem so healthy. I already have a feline "mouse trap" in my mighty hunter little boy. He enjoys it apparently and is quite proud of his accomplishments. I dont, but I wouldnt enjoy finding a dead from poison mouse either, and I would worry about the poison with the kitties around. So I guess I just hope that we will have no more mice around. I have yet to locate any mouse poop in the kitchen, so I think he's getting them from the porch? I just don't know. He does spend evenings staring at under the stove though so I do think that's where they live. I just don't know what to do. I have learned though that if Seamus wakes me up meowing proudly that I need to turn on the light before I roll over in bed. (ewww!)

So that's my update of the last monthish.

I have one other sad update. Last week my friend Paula lost her battle with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She's left behind a middle school aged daughter, a high school son, and a husband with who she had the kind of relationship people only dream of having. Everyone who knew her was blessed and is a better person for it. Paula, you will be missed.

Posted by Acinom @ 6:43 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Ha! You'd better keep an eye on Ringo - that is one smart cookie.

So sorry to hear about your friend Paula.

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 9:01 AM #
 
<< Home