Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 Cobra Sucks

So I have my 6 month cleaning dentist appointment today. I realize that since we switched dental insurance carriers since my last check up I need to make sure I had my card. Can't find it, so I go online to print up a new one. I can't get in. It lets me in the first part, then asks me to verify my birthday and zip code. I do, and it says that I'm wrong. I know I am not. I tried it with the work address zip code in case, nope. So I call. After pushing many buttons to get to a human I am told that I am not active. That COBRA never bothered to tell them that I am paying almost $400 a month. Sorry, they can't help. So I went to the COBRA website, they say I am active. I printed this off, which is what I will bring to my dentist with me. The COBRA website also says it can take up to 60 days for them to bother to tell the insurance carriers that I am, in fact, insured. ARGH.

So hopefully the dentist will be happy trusting that since I have something SAYING I have insurance that this will be enough. I have no idea how much a cleaning costs if I have to pay and get reimbursed, but I REALLY don't want to deal with that. My dentist seems wonderful in the past, so we can only hope...

And we can only hope that I have no cavities and don't need additional work!

Wish me luck!

Posted by Acinom @ 12:27 PM