Friday, March 30, 2007

 YAY!! I love Google!

Someone new found my blog last night googling Camp Hoover songs!

The scary part is, it sounds like it's possible we actually both went at the same time. How weird would it have been if we were even in the same unit?

During my tenure at Hoover I did time in Cedar Ridge, Birch Hollow, Maple Glen, Oak Knoll AND Middles.

I hope she comes back to visit here and we can figure out if it was the same era! I believe I still have my unit pictures up in my mom's attic. Maybe I'll ask my sis to hunt them down and scan them and email them to me. Then again, that could be scary!! I do have some of the snapshots I took here. If I get inspired maybe Ill scan some of those...

Anyway, for my fellow Camp Hoover alumna, these songs are dedicated to her...

Maple Glen
"We'll sing for you so you know who we are, UNIT MAPLE GLEN! The girls in this unit are better by far UNIT MAPLE GLEN! Our Goals are high our spirits are strong for Maple Glen we'll sing out long, we'll sing out loud, we'll sing out strong, VIVA LA MAPLE GLEN! We're great but no one knows it no one knows it so far, some day they'll realize how wonderful we are, they'll look at us and smile at us and then they'll shout HURRAY! We're great but no one knows it but they will some day! YAY MAPLE GLEN!"

Oak Knoll:
"Oak Knoll unit's number one, first in friendship, first in fun. Each morning at dawning we start a new day, together, forever, happiness is here to stay. And everyone knows we're the best, out to conquer all the rest. So give three cheers and sing out loud cuz Oak Knoll girls are mighty proud! HEY HEY HEY!"

Posted by Acinom @ 9:25 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Hi again. I don't know how to set up the blog thing, but needed to sign up so I could post. My e-mail is jkprint@ptd.net I went to Camp Hoover from about 1976 - 1980 or so (I'm not sure about the exact dates, but could probably figure iit out from pictures.) I know I stayed in Cedar Ridge and Oak Knoll for sure. I think my sister may have been in Maple Glen. And I remembered the beginning of Cedar Ridge...
"Hey, look us over. We're Cedar Ridge. We are the peppiest, the best of all the kids. Good at our capers, great at our skills! When we go by the people stare, they know that Cedar Ridge is there. It's down to the dining hall, etc...". I also remember "our version" of that part...
"Hey, look us over. We're Cedar Ridge. We are the crappiest, the worst of all the kids. Bad at our capers, horrible at our skills! When we go by the people stare, they know that Cedar Ridge is there. It's down to the dining hall, etc...". Again, only being told with fond memories!! But teenage girls can be pretty crappy sometimes! lol Anyway, it would be fun to see if we may have been there at the same time or not. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for the dedication!

Posted by Blogger mrsfixesit @ 9:23 PM #
 

I forgot to mention...the year I stayed in Oak Knoll I think they had a slower, sappier song and us girls in the unit changed it to what you have posted here! How's that for funny! I didn't know they kept using it! Anyway, good night.

Posted by Blogger mrsfixesit @ 9:27 PM #
 
<< Home