Friday, March 23, 2007

 Living a life of leisure...

...or wallowing in self pity. Not sure which, but I'm definitely doing one of those.

I alluded to some stuff going on that was preoccupying me, well it's come to fruition. I am now unemployed.

If you've followed along the whole time you know that I had been on light duty for over a year from an injury I sustained last February.

Work wasn't happy with me being light duty for so long. In my rational mind, I can understand this. Of course my emotions tell me that it's bullshit that they treated me like they did. Either way, the situation sucked.

And now we decided that I should take a severance package and resign. It sucks. Mostly. But then there is the perk that I don't have to go to that hostile atmosphere anymore, that's gotta be good for my mental health. Also, I now have the opportunity to actually rest and heal. Hopefully.

I have a bit of time before I have to worry about what to do next. Ok, that's not quite true, I'm already worried, but I'm ignoring it for now.

The last 2 weeks I have spent most of the time wallowing. I've gotten pretty good at it.


Week one my ass barely moved from in front of the TV in the living room. I played hours upon hours of online spades with my sister. (we rock, btw!)

Week two I moved my spare TV from my office into my bedroom. I have spent most of this week in my bed wallowing watching "primetime in the daytime" and playing sudoku for hours.

My cats are unbelievably happy with this turn of events.

I have started to refer to Ringo as my "fur tumor" because he has become like a growth protruding from me.

I confess that I am starting to get a wee bit antsy with the wallowing though. Not enough to actually do much more yet, but I think it's coming. Hell, I finally had it in me to update here. I am going to color my hair later because I am actually leaving the house tomorrow. I have a massage appointment I scheduled a few weeks ago when I was having a stiff neck. Since I go to the massage school I cant quite get appointments as quickly as I'd like, particularly when it's the middle of spring break, but I decided to take the first available even though it was so far off. Neck is no longer stiff, but I think I still deserve a little stress relief.

I did leave the house last weekend too. I didn't want to. I really didn't, but a sense of obligation forced me to. And I am surprised to admit that I am glad I did. I think I mentioned before that I'm on a board for a local sorority house, and we had interviews last weekend for a new house mom. I thought about just letting the rest of the board take care of it, but something made me still go. (I confess it's likely that it's my sense of curiosity and not wanting to be out of the loop more than obligation, but who knows?) Anyway, it was good that I went. Not just because there were really good brownies there either. I do think that I can get stuck in the wallowing/hermit thing and it was nice to share my stress with some friends who were pretty supportive. Ok, so only one of them has bothered to check in with me (Hi Sherry!) but she's the one I like the best anyway. I do think thought that if I called any of the others with a meltdown that they would listen, so Ill give them a little credit. And they did send me home with a bunch of the brownies, so that's good too.

Anyway, there's my pitiful update. And now I think I'm going to watch some more TV and play a few more games of Sudoku and wallow a bit. Ill try and be better about coming here though.

I hope all has been much better with everyone else out there.

Posted by Acinom @ 4:10 PM