Thursday, January 18, 2007

 What's in a name?

Im easily amused. One of the things that cracks me up is when we have patients that share names with celebrities.

It cracks me up to see a name on the schedule of some star, and then see who actually shows up.

When I was in breast care I was hanging films of a patient who shared the name with a 70's tv star known for having particularly large breasts. The ones on the film were tiny. Like dorks, we made stupid comments like "wow, they looked so much bigger on tv!" or, "i didnt realize she was just stuffing her bra!".

It's stupid and probably childish, but it's really funny in the moment.

Yesterday there was a guy on the schedule who shared the name of a guy I went to HS with. The HS friend was a tall skinny white dude. The patient who showed up was an older supersized black dude. It took all I had to not say "Wow, youve changed!"

I still giggled to myself after he was gone.

Like I said, Im a dork.

Today there was a patient who shared his name with a movie character. It took me half the day to figure out why the name was so familiar. Unfortunately, the patient was not nearly as hot as the actor who played the character. Then again on those reenactments, the actors are always better than the real people they are playing.

I wonder if one of these days there'll be a famous name on the schedule, and the actual real famous person will show up. I have a feeling that I wouldnt believe it was really them...

Posted by Acinom @ 7:34 PM