Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 Well it's been three days

And Ive kept up what I said- I do something productive and then I post. I know it's just three days, but I have to say Im proud of myself :) I wanted to post earlier, but I didnt let myself because I hadnt done anything productive yet. So then I did multiple productive things, and then played online for a while and was just about to go to bed with a book when I realized I hadnt posted, so I came back to do it! So maybe this will work... maybe Ill actually develop some good habits!!

In other good news...
Im recovering pretty well. Ive walked like an actual normal person! As the day progresses I get slower because Im sore, but it's a surgical sore I think, not the evil pain that I had before. Im hoping I continue to improve and have no backsliding and end up 100% good as new. I really want to put the shitty 2006 behind me and make this a good year.

I got a little depressed on NYE, I was feeling stagnant. Im not sure if that's the right word, but Im not sure how better to clarify my emotion. It's just that I have such a routine life, which I usually find comfort in, but for some reason the other day I was blue about it. Today Im back to being content to curl up with my book and my kitty cats in my queen sized bed that I sleep in the middle of after having a pop-tart for dinner. Im glad Im over the funk that threatened, but I guess it was maybe a wake-up that I need to do something. What, I dont know. Before I went back to school I felt that way, then I found a new calling, loved school and loved my job. I think the fact that it's been 10 months since Ive done my actual job might account for some of these feelings.

Ive learned a ton and met alot of amazing people doing all the other jobs that Ive done while on restricted duty, but Im hoping that in another week Ill be back to full duty, back in my old position, and feeling fulfilled again. It's going to be weird, there's been a big staff turnover in my dept since Ive been not there, and Im not sure how Ill fit in to this new mix, but Im hoping all is wonderful. Ive fit in great in every other department they put me in, so I can only guess that the same will be true when I get back "home". We'll see...

Ok Im off to curl up with my book and my kitties in my big bed that I sleep in the middle of...

Gnight!

Posted by Acinom @ 8:28 PM