Sunday, January 07, 2007

 Puzzle #1 DONE!

Many years ago I had a boyfriend that I used to do puzzles with. We were broke and couldnt afford to go out much, and somehow we got hooked on staying in and working jigsaws. It is actually a pretty cool date activity believe it or not. It allows for lots of chatting, if you want, or you can just focus on the task if that's what you want too. The best times in that relationship that I remember were spent around his table with a billion jigsaw pieces scattered around. We did some cool 3d ones, and we did some mystery type ones where you had to put the puzzle together to figure out the clues to solve the crime. We werent just doing shots of kittens ;)


Well this year for Christmas, Santa got me 3 puzzles from Lost, the TV show. I thought theyd be the perfect post-surgical gift, something to work on while recovering. I JUST finished the first one tonight. They are HELL puzzles, quite challenging. First of all, they dont give you a picture of what youre putting together. Secondly, it's not just one scene. There are like 45 different sized vingettes (is that the right word?) of scenes from the hatch in this one. It's 1000 pieces, and the puzzle itself is 19x26, and finding enough room to spread it out.


BUT I FINISHED!!! Yay me!! And the cool thing is on the back side is an invisible ink type thing with some spoilers or something. I cant pick it up to flip it over though!! Im going to get some poster board and try and flip it that way... Ill let you know how that goes...


Today I also went shopping with a friend I met 8 or 9 years ago working together at Bath and Body Works together... We went to the semi annual BBW sale, and stocked up!! So Im off to take a bubble bath now...if I can decide which scent to use!!


Till next time...

Posted by Acinom @ 9:06 PM