Thursday, January 04, 2007

 People amaze me

Today I saw people at their best and their worst. It blows my mind how some can be so caring, thoughtful and giving without hesitation, while others are just nasty and hateful.

Im so blessed that I have much more of the first type than the second.

I just wish I had a magic wand to turn the latter into the former...

Today I found out something bad happened to a friend of mine. I told some of my other friends, simply to ask them to keep her in their prayers and good thoughts. But no, some of these women couldnt stop at just that, they immediately went into "how can I help" mode, offering to give and do for this friend of mine who theyve never met, who they probably never will meet because they are states away, but they were still wanting to help. For no reason other than they are great people with huge hearts. It moved me to tears.

Im trying to hold on to that because in another totally unrelated subject I got to experience coldness and nastiness for no other reason than they are small people with tiny hearts.

It is truly mind blowing how easily a person's character can be seen, and how many types there are in this world of each extreme.

Also tonight I had the unfortunate task of calling to make a vet appointment for Seamus and his unhappy bowels. The receptionist recognized who I was when I called. Now this is a very big vet practice. Ok, Ive unfortunately been there way too often in the past year, but still, for her to know exactly who I was when I called, and to care how my little boy is doing... I know my babies are in good hands there. So I have to tell you, if youre someone googling Raleigh Veterinarians, you need to go to Bowman Animal Hospital. They are phenomenal. Im not the only one who thinks it too. I have friends and coworkers who take their furry petites there and love them too. They arent the cheapest vet around, but they are, without a doubt, unequivocally, the most caring, and you cant put a value on that.

So wish Seamus luck tomorrow at 1:20!

Posted by Acinom @ 8:39 PM