Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 Ouch!

My tongue is probably bleeding by now from me biting it for so long.

I am trying to hold my words in on something and it's getting harder and harder.

Without getting into the details, basically I SERIOUSLY disagree with some stuff that some friends are doing/saying. It's not like they are going to hurt anyone or anything, so it's not like I have an obligation to stop them.

But I do think they are making some poor choices that will make them look foolish. I also think these choices will bite them in the ass later and end up making stuff harder in the future.

But how do you say "Quit whining and finger pointing, suck it up and take accountability for your part/lack of part, and instead of bitching about the past, figure out a way to make the future better" without hurting feelings and pissing people off? How do you say "you look like idiots to people youd rather have the respect of" without doing the same?

They so firmly believe that THEY are right. I know they are too close to step back and see the big picture.

I have tried to put some suggestions out there and have been COMPLETELY shot down. Quickly. They are clearly unopen to hearing anything but "rah rah, you all know EVERYTHING and everyone else SUCKS".

The shitty part of this all is that Im afraid that it's lose/lose.

I say something, it pisses them off. I say nothing, it bites them in the ass, they blame me for not saying anything. Or, I say nothing, they continue on and I lose respect for them and lose the friendships anyway.

I guess I need to just accept that the friendships started based on a common goal. Goals have changed, and what we had just wasnt strong enough to sustain the friendships.

There is one in the group that sees my way, and agrees that resistance is futile. She and I have a friendship that is getting stronger.

So I can hold onto that. Id rather one great friend than 6 casual ones.

Still sucks though.

Posted by Acinom @ 4:04 PM