Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 Happy Birthday Julie (and Ed)!

Today is a very old friend's birthday. We met in kindergarten, and stayed friends till our 20's. After she moved to the west coast (Tuscon) and got married and I moved to New England we ended losing touch and I think that sucks. Her new last name is way too common to look her up in the phone book so Im not sure how to track her down. Hell, she could even be remarried by now!

We're both January Babies though so we always celebrated our birthdays together, and every year on her birthday I think of her and send good thoughts out to the universe for her. Id like to think she thinks of me on my birthday too. (Btw, in case youre googling yourself Julie Vitelli Chavez, this post's for you! And leave me a comment- it sends me an email and Id love to see how youre doing!)

Because I never will forget her birthday, I also remember that it is the birthday of another guy we went to High School with, he actually graduated with my sister. So today I IM'd her a happy Ed Avila's birthday. I guess it prompted her to google him out of curiosity for what he's up to these days. Well apparently he's an actor now and has his own IMBD page! (ok so I never heard of the stuff he's been in, and has played "Elevator Man", "Grungy Man", "Angry Politician", and "Homeless Man", but he has two parts on there that actually have names too! And I bet he's happy, so that's all that matters) He's also in a band (no surprise, he was one of the rock stars in high school- you know how every school has the cool rock band- ours was White Lightening!) I think it's cool to see a co-alum doing well and doing what he loves. So Ed, if youre googling yourself, Happy Birthday to you, and Im really happy for you!

Posted by Acinom @ 8:22 PM