Thursday, January 25, 2007

 Bleh

That's how Im feeling right now.

Im craving Friday like you cant even imagine.

This week has not been fun. We "went live" with a whole new computer system for the hospital. As you can imagine, there were kinks that still need to be worked out. As a result of the stress of getting used to the new system, and getting frustrated when these issues happen, everyone is pretty cranky.

And of course it's been a super busy week. Murphy wouldnt have let it be a slow week.

But the worst part is the bad news that just keeps coming.

A coworker/friend who has always been so wonderful to me, who thought she was having a major, but routine procedure done found out now that she has cancer and has a long road ahead of her.

Another friend who is fighting cancer hasnt been feeling great at all and has to go for some more tests, which put her chemo on hold for a bit, and could end up having an even bigger fight.

It's not fair. These women are such great people. All of the cancer patients I see every day are wonderful, kind people. Ive asked this before, but why is it that being good is such a high risk factor? Why cant the child molesters, wife beaters, and basically evil types be the ones who have to deal with this? I dont get it. I really dont.

It gets me so down sometimes.

And then there's my mom who Ive been bugging to go get some health stuff checked out who's blowing me off. I know that she has convinced herself that since nobody told her anything's wrong, that she's fine. But I just want her to get checked out. Most likely, it's nothing, and wouldnt it be great to have that peace of mind? And if it's something small that could turn big, isnt it better to get it taken care of while it's easy? Why cant I get her to "get" that? Another big part of her problem is that her insurance is beyond annoying with referrals and stuff, and her primary care, which is about the only one in her network that's a reasonable location is an idiot. She's tried to change before and hasnt found anyone that takes what she has that's not a haul away. She did say there's someone new, but I dont know how far she's gone towards taking steps to make the change. I hate worrying about her. I hate living far away, but GOD I wouldnt want to live in Jersey again, and she has no interest in moving away from her friends.

So between worrying about my mom, worrying about my friends, and dealing with cranky people galore, you can see why Im pretty down, and ready for some good stuff. Ill even settle for just a few days with my kitties and nothing else planned.

Thank God tomorrow is Friday.

Posted by Acinom @ 12:07 PM