Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 100th Post!

And I guess that means I have to write 100 things about me, right? Isnt that the tradition?
This might get boring, and Ill be repeating stuff Ive mentioned before, but Ill give it a shot...



  1. I was born in NJ
  2. I went to my freshman year of college in NY
  3. (that was Hofstra University)
  4. I transferred to Indiana University of Pennsylvania
  5. It cost me more for that one year at Hofstra than 4 years at IUP
  6. I pledged a sorority my freshman year
  7. I transferred that too
  8. Im still active in an alumna capacity
  9. It irks the shit out of me when people say alumni when they should be saying alumnae
  10. I graduated with a BS in Education
  11. I hated student teaching, but by then it was too late to change majors.
  12. After I graduated college the first time, I moved to MA
  13. I worked as a nanny for a year
  14. Then I worked at a scary private school for kids with "special emotional needs"
  15. I lasted at that job for about 6 weeks. The kids werent the only crazy ones. The place is since shut down for the child abuse imposed there.
  16. I worked as a E911 communications officer for a small town in MA
  17. I then worked as a desk officer for a college police department
  18. After getting a part time holiday job at Bath and Body Works just for the discount, I got sucked in and then hired as a manager
  19. I spent too many years in retail hell after that.
  20. I lived in Atlanta for 6 months before moving back to MA because I met a man.
  21. I got engaged.
  22. I got disengaged.
  23. I moved to Arizona.
  24. I burn VERY easily.
  25. I can swim, but I hate to swim. Water in my ears and up my nose freaks me out.
  26. If I had a previous live, I suspect I died from drowning.
  27. I drove cross country with just my two kitties back and forth.
  28. After Arizona I lived in Maryland.
  29. I finally got out of retail hell and went into business to business sales.
  30. I made great money, but had zero job satisfaction.
  31. I went back to school, in Lancaster, PA this time.
  32. I graduated with a 3.98.
  33. I still cant get over that .02! (dang group project is what did me in- slackers!)
  34. I am now a Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
  35. If I want to sound more impressive, I just say I work in Nuclear Medicine- it's funny how if you drop the word Technologist, people think it's a huge impressive job.
  36. It drives me apeshit batty when people say Technician.
  37. It also drives me batty (but not apeshit) when people say Nyoucular Med.
  38. I got recruited out of school to move to hell-frozen-over Vermont.
  39. The one day I went for my interview in May was the only day it was above freezing, I think.
  40. I had my heating pipes freeze and blast a hole through my wall.
  41. I started looking for jobs down south that weekend.
  42. I live in NC now.
  43. I love love love my apartment.
  44. I have a screened in porch which is both my and my cats' favorite room.
  45. We also LOVE our fireplace.
  46. I live on the second floor, which is also the top floor.
  47. I refer to this as the penthouse. (Because afterall, it's the best!)
  48. Pretty Woman is one of my favorite movies.
  49. I love my next door share-steps-with neighbor, she's a very sweet single chick.
  50. I DO NOT love my downstairs neighbors, they have brought bugs to the building.
  51. I may be getting new downstairs neighbors because they current ones might be evicted
  52. I had a dream last night there were lost of snakes in my apartment. Id be scared to have that analyzed!
  53. Very often I dream that I am in my gramma's place.
  54. She's been gone since I was in 8th grade.
  55. I have no grandparents left alive.
  56. I miss my maternal grandmother the most.
  57. I know from my dreams that she watches over me.
  58. I wish SHE would be in the dream, instead of just her home. I think that'd make me miss her more though.
  59. I spent alot of time doing my family tree a few years ago.
  60. I come from Smith's and Millers. There are some Johnsons on that tree too.
  61. I was surprised that I actually traced MY Smith's back to the 1700's. Not an easy task! But it helps that they all lived in the same area for the whole time.
  62. My other lines have only been in this country for 2 generations, they arent easy to trace :(
  63. Im of Irish descent.
  64. There's German in there too, but for some reason, nobody in the family claims that, we only claim the Irish.
  65. I have a wreath on my door that's Shamrocks.
  66. I really dig being Irish.
  67. My looks are described as "Black Irish". Im a classic example- nearly black hair, white white white skin, blue eyes.
  68. We have a theory that there's a gggrandmother out there who was actually Native American based on her picture. She DEFINITELY did not look German.
  69. We also suspect she came from The Carlisle Indian School, either a runaway, or from their "Outing System". No proof at all, just stories from a now-diseased g-aunt and my gut. And the fact that these people lived fairly close to Carlisle.
  70. If I ever move back to PA I will definitely pursue more genealogy research. It's too hard from far away.
  71. Im the "keeper of the pictures" in my family.
  72. I really need to get off my butt and scan them all.
  73. On my mom's side, the only side that matters, I have 3 uncles, two aunts, and 11 cousins.
  74. I have one older sister.
  75. And a nephew cat named Huckleberry.
  76. They live with my mom.
  77. Huck gets very jealous when she talks on the phone to my cats.
  78. My cats LOVE to talk on the phone. Stick a phone in their face and they meow their heads off, and rub all happy on it.
  79. When my phone rings, Ringo tries to answer it.
  80. I am aware that my cats are freaks.
  81. I love them anyway.
  82. Ringo has a little OCD condition with getting his claw stuck over and over in blankets and chewing it free. He wont stop till I force him to, it drives me nuts when he does it when Im trying to sleep.
  83. Seamus has Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. He takes meds 2 times a day. He is the best pill taking kitty cat in the world. Im very thankful for that!!
  84. Ever since Ringo tried to talk to Dell Tech support Max on the phone and Max asked if that was a "kiTTy caT" totally emphasizing the T's I have said it that way too because it cracks me up.
  85. We also used to refer to the ForT PiTT Tunnels the same way.
  86. Ive found that the phrase "If you get to the airport youve gone too far" is a great rule of thumb.
  87. When I lived in MA people always used to use "the big white church with the steeple" as a landmark for where to turn. This baffled me because there is a big white church with a steeple on almost every corner.
  88. I drive a purple saturn.
  89. I bought it because it was purple.
  90. I prefer cool colors to warm ones, but I usually have yellow in my kitchen. This may be a subconscious Brady Bunch homage.
  91. I have lots of food allergies.
  92. I actually have something called OAS, and it's severe.
  93. Apples send me into anaphylactic shock.
  94. I can eat cooked apples though, apple pie is yummy, not deadly.
  95. I landed in the ER not breathing after eating undercooked corn on the cob.
  96. I hate being afraid of fruits and vegetables.
  97. Im also a somewhat picky eater.
  98. I hate condiments, ketchup makes me gag at just the thought of it.
  99. I wish I wasnt a picky eater full of allergies.
  100. I guess babbling about myself wasnt so hard afterall! Not sure what that says about me... :)

Posted by Acinom @ 9:10 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Interesting stuff. Check out my 101 facts. Cheers!

http://highlandclassic.blogspot.com/search?q=mike+101

Posted by Blogger Mike @ 9:40 PM #
 
<< Home