Monday, December 04, 2006

 BANG BANG BANG BANG!

So this is what I heard at 1am this morning. It was someone pounding on my door. Now I dont answer my door unless I am expecting someone even in the daytime. I sure as hell dont at 1am. Particularly considering that often I dont quite wear pj's to bed. So I ignored it. And it didnt stop. SO I got up, got dressed and by then it stopped. I peered through and saw nobody. So I tried to go back to sleep. Yeah, that wasnt happening.

I then got scared thinking "what if it's emergency maintenance (downstairs likes to call them if their faucet is even dripping) and they went to get the key and are coming back? So I got up and started cleaning as best I could in case it was them, and because I knew I wouldnt be sleeping anyway. After about an hour I figured it was safe so I went back to sleep FINALLY.

At 4am when my alarm went off I knew I couldnt do it. I couldnt function on just a few hours sleep, oh yeah and without a shower because I was right, it was emergency maintenance and they had shut my water off.

So I called out of work and went back to sleep. I slept quite soundly till 8 am and those 4 hours were better than I can even express.

Got up at 8, cleaned up a little bit more (tough to really do the kitchen without water) but at least the place is somewhat presentable. Nothing like being forced into it to actually be productive. Not exactly how I wanted to get motivated, but Ill take what I can get.

So now Im miserably in pain, and going to take some nice pain killers and watch some "primetime in the daytime" and be sad because I didnt get any emails from Fussy.

Posted by Acinom @ 9:34 AM