Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 Too cranky for a real post but dont want to be a NaBloPoMo slacker

Ok For all of those of you strolling through from the randomizer or linking from the NaBloPoMo list, I'm doing a question of the day to answer via leaving a comment.

Question du Jour: What was your first concert? What was your most recent concert?

My first ever was U2, Joshua Tree tour. 10th row. It was mindblowing. My most recent I think was Rick Springfield about 3ish years ago. He still is a hottie and still rawks.

Im too cranky to write anything upbeat today so Im going to just go with a few lists.

Some of the Concerts I can remember having been to (in no particular order)

  • U2
  • Sting
  • The Alarm
  • Rick Springfield
  • B52's
  • Violent Femmes
  • Spin Doctors
  • Gin Blossoms
  • Cracker
  • BNL
  • Sarah McLachlin
  • Billy Joel
  • Rush
  • Candlebox
  • Aerosmith
  • New Kids on the Block (ok my brain scares me that it thought of this one right after Aerosmith- apologies to Steve and the guys)
  • Lisa Loeb
  • Duncan Sheik
  • I went to the BCN River Rave one year (95?) and there were oodles of artists there and I cant think of anyone but Cracker who I already mentioned
  • oh yeah and The Presidents of the United States of America (millions of peaches, peaches for me)
  • I went to that United We Stand or whatever it was called concert to benefit 9/11 in DC

Concerts I didnt choose to go to but was dragged to

  • New Kids on the Block

First Cassette Tapes I had after giving up LP's

  • Working Class Dog - Rick Springfield
  • I forget the name of it - Hall and Oats

First Cassette Tapes I bought with my own money

  • Syncronicity - Police
  • Cuts Like a Knife - Brian Adams
  • Pyromania - Def Leppard


First CD I owned

  • 10 - Pearl Jam

Last CD I actually bought rather than downloaded

  • Wreck of the Day - Anna Nalick

Hours I have left till at work today

  • 4.25

Posted by Acinom @ 9:05 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I'm really enjoying your daily questions. :-)

First concert:
AC/DC with King's X (horrible, horrible band) as an opening act. I believe I was deaf for days.

Best concert:
tied between Lenny Kravitz & Pink Floyd

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:16 AM #
 

Hi, here thru the randomizer.

First concert - J. Geils Band at the old Boston Garden in 1982 or 83.

Best concert - Tie between Bruce Springsteen and Foo Fighters.

Most recent - Great Big Sea.

Great question.

Posted by Blogger Major Bedhead @ 12:47 AM #
 

First concert - Jefferson Starship - at Disneyland! I was 8 I think.

Most recent - Adam Freeland.

Honorable mentions - Lenny Kravitz. Backyard Babies.

Posted by Blogger Kirsten @ 3:39 AM #
 

First Concert: Chicago, 1983

Best Concert: Lenny Kravitz opening for Aerosmith, 2006

Most Amusing Moment of Best Concert: Watching middle-aged white women in the front row stuffing their bras with tissues before Aerosmith came on stage.

Posted by Blogger jaded @ 9:32 PM #
 
<< Home