Friday, November 24, 2006

 Moral/Ethical Quandry

Ok For all of those of you strolling through from the randomizer or linking from the NaBloPoMo list, I'm doing a question of the day to answer via leaving a comment.

Question du Jour: What's your favorite kind of pie?

For me id say berry types, triple berry, razzle berry, and in lieu of the mishmash of multiberry, just plain ol blueberry. Huckleberry too!


Moral Ethical Dilemma at hand...
I just overheard a coworker say she is going to do a minor something that she should not do. There's a chance that squealing could lead to possible termination.

I cant stand this coworker.

If I squeal, it'd be because of that, not because I truly believe what she is doing is wrong. If it was someone I liked, there's a good chance Id probably keep my mouth shut unless directly asked.

If I squealed, and nothing was done about it (very likely) then that would just make life even more uncomfortable with her. If something was done, MANY people would rejoice.

There is an anonymous corporate compliance number I could call, but the likelihood of them knowing damn well it was me anyway is extraordinarily high.

What to do???

Posted by Acinom @ 7:51 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I had a similar situation (squeal or no squeal). Rather than do the dirty work myself, because nobody wants to be the tattle-tell or the whistle blower, I let it slip to an acquaintance who had a bigger beef with the offender than I did and she ratted out the culprit for me.So basically I contracted out my dirty work to someone else....It was gratifying...though it may not have been the right thing to do.

Favorite Pie? Key lime with an almond and graham cracker crust and a drizzle of pureed raspberries.

Posted by Blogger jaded @ 11:43 PM #
 

Found you through the randomizer - my favorite pie is apple. Yum!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 12:13 PM #
 

Thanks for your comment! Do you love your sonicare as much as I do?

Anyway - my favorite is Lemon Meringue.

I would squeal, but I am a bitch like that, hehe.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 2:17 PM #
 

Rhubarb. MMMMM.

I've only seen my own blog through the Randomizer while using Mozilla. Never in Netscape. Weird.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:38 PM #
 
<< Home