Monday, November 27, 2006

 Lucky Charms

Ok For all of those of you strolling through from the randomizer or linking from the NaBloPoMo list, I'm doing a question of the day to answer via leaving a comment.

Question du Jour: Do you have any lucky charms?


I have lots- sorta!

So when I feel like I need some extra strength I have what are kinda like lucky charms. I'll wear earrings that a friend gave me, because I feel like her support is carried with them. I have a tooney that I got when I visited a Canuck friend who I love and loves me that I carry in my pocket. I am wearing shoes that I bought when shopping with another friend because that was a good day. I am wearing pants that I bought when I lived in Lancaster, because I was happy there. I am wearing undies that have pictures of chocolate stuff on them because well, duh, chocolate rawks. I have pink ribbon socks on because they remind me of a friend who showed nothing but strength and grace while dealing with her breast cancer. The top I have on is the same one that a friend who has been very good to me also coincidentally owns. I have the hair stabby sticks on that I made last weekend with good friends at a place that has always brought good times.

Other than the tooney in my pocket, nobody would think I was carrying lucky charms, but I am actually decked out head to toe. Even the lipgloss I have on reminds me of a friend. I started doing this back in college when I had to do something that was tough- and my roommate loaned me her shirt that I loved- she told me it would be like she was there with me hugging me through it. I thought that was the best idea and have been hooked ever since. It's subtle and if I hadnt just confessed it to the world, nobody would know. But right now I feel surrounded by support and love and I will carry that with me to my appointment at 9 and I will pray that it gets me through it. I need all the help I can get!!!

Wish me luck! (she says as she rubs the coin in her pocket)

Posted by Acinom @ 7:20 AM

Read or Post a Comment

i don't really. i used to want very badly to have lucky charms, but i always forgot that they were supposed to be lucky, or i lost them, proving their unluckiness, or random things like that. the only lucky thing i think i still have is the pair of earrings that my mom was wearing when she gave birth to me, although since i wasn't an easy birth, they could arguably be unlucky charms...

Posted by Blogger spiff @ 12:38 PM #
 
<< Home