Thursday, November 23, 2006

 I know I was stupid the other day but really...

Ok For all of those of you strolling through from the randomizer or linking from the NaBloPoMo list, I'm doing a question of the day to answer via leaving a comment.

Question du Jour: Who will you be eating dinner with today?

I havent decided yet. Ive had a few pity invites, and a few real invites. If I go to any it would be my friend Ali (not to be confused at all with the dumbass roommate of yesteryear) and her husband and her parents. I might just stay home with kitties though. Ill decide last minute, and fortunately Ali gets it and suggested to me that I dont stress about deciding ahead of time. I did plan ahead and bought a bottle of wine to have if I do go... ;)

And on another note, spam- it cracks me up. Today I got this very important email from "paypal". In it it says "If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choise but not temporaly suspend account We ask that you fallow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated and we strongly recomanded to verify your account in that time." and I cant even begin to fathom what this sentence means- "Paypal is misappropriate at the request of law"

The best part is how friendly they are- "Thanks for your patiance as we work togheter to protect your account."

So my question is- is anyone stupid enough to believe that paypal wrote this? If I did believe it, Id have to suspend my paypal usage because they hire illiterate people to write important emails and I dont think that is the best business practice.

My suggestion to spammers out there- SPELLCHECK!

I very rarely actually open these things, but usually just in the subject there are misspellings. "is your penis to small?" or "your a winner!" and Ive never seen correct usage of there and their.

If only I could redeem all of the free laptops on them that Ive won. Or the target, home depot, taco bell, walmart, jcpennys or circuit city vouchers that Ive won overnight. And all of the loans that Ive been approved for! Id be rolling in it.

I know someone must fall for this or they wouldnt still be sending it out. But who???? Have you ever heard of someone who actually did?


OK one last totally unrelated topic, but I have the news on so they just did this story and I need to comment.

The NC State womens basketball coach's breast cancer has returned. I knew this last week because she was at the hospital for a test, but I wouldnt have even THOUGHT to mention it to anyone. I was just in awe of how tall she and her people who came with her were. I just saw that they did a story of her having cancer again on the news. I wonder if someone at the hospital was unethical and violated hippa laws and tipped them off, or if she decided to go public since she is taking a leave of absence to fight this. I REALLY hope that she shared this with the news, and not someone else. I dont know why this is bothering me, but I guess it's just the possibility that it wasnt her choice that is upsetting. A person's health status is their business. If they want to share it with others to gather support and strength and prayers, then that's great. (hell anyone who can work a computer knows I have an owie) But it should be that persons choice. I think it's great when celebs who have cancer share their battles to be inspiring. I also think it's perfectly acceptable when nobody has a clue till they are gone (like Ed Bradley). But it needs to be there choice. So Im off to check all of the local news sources to see if any of them state if they got Kay Yow's info from a source or from a statement she released. I hope it's choice B.

Ok one last unrelated thing I want to share.
Doesnt it suck when you actually have the day off of work but you still are up before the sun thanks to that pesky circadian rhythm?? At least the good news is that I can nap today :)

Posted by Acinom @ 6:08 AM

Read or Post a Comment

It's not T-giving here, so dinner's as usual. ;-)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:45 AM #
 
<< Home