Monday, November 13, 2006

 How Rude!

Ok For all of those of you strolling through from the randomizer or linking from the NaBloPoMo list, I'm doing a question of the day to answer via leaving a comment. If enough people actually do it, it could be fun!

Question du Jour: What smells/fragrances do you love?


I love the smell of my kitties (even their breath- I thought I was totally weird till that was mentioned in the Truth About Cats and Dogs), the smell of a campfire or fireplace fire, most teas or coffees, fall leaves, baked yummies.


What I DO NOT like the smell of is this coworkers perfume. It is horrific, and literally hurts my nose. It triggers migraines for me. It just makes me sick- literally. I have heard others complain about it on many occasions too, and yet, she still wears it.

I wondered if patients complained if anything would actually be done, but one fo her coworkers said that was unlikely that they would complain- since she's so lazy she hardly sees patients! Unfortuanately for me, she's right, and because of this, she's always hanging around HERE, where I am. I wish we had an actual policy against fragrances. In the hospital I trained at we did. Many patients are sensitive to smells, so we were told to not wear any. I think it's a good rule of thumb. Ive been told by chemo patients that almost any scent can set them off hurling. Im hoping one day they get set off by her- ON her, and it might be a wake up call to her.

But I doubt it. Some people are just completely oblivious to how they affect others around them. It's a shame.

I cant wait till the day is over and I can go burry my face in kitty fur and get this stink out of my nose :)

Posted by Acinom @ 7:58 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I love the smell of an ice rink. Not the stinky hockey equipment smell. But the popcorn. And the ice. Definitely the ice.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:59 PM #
 

Baby necks, baking bread, my husband, coconut.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:27 PM #
 

Smells - Smoke from fireplaces in the autumn, lavender, freshly washed and dried towels.

Posted by Blogger Kirsten @ 11:31 PM #
 
<< Home