Sunday, November 12, 2006

 Does this seem wrong to you????

Ok For all of those of you strolling through from the randomizer or linking from the NaBloPoMo list, I'm doing a question of the day to answer via leaving a comment. If enough people actually do it, it could be fun!

Question du Jour: What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday special?

Mine is, without a doubt, Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas. Jim Henson at his finest. Kermit hosts it, great tunes, what more could one want?

Oh yeah, for it actually to be Christmastime.

What inspired this post? Well I was channel surfing right now and what did I find on but The Grinch. Um, it's not even Thanksgiving yet! Why are holiday specials on already??? There's a local radio station that is already playing Christmas music. Now I love good Christmas tunes, but I choose not to listen till at least December. It just seems wrong otherwise.

I used to be a Christmas yuletime junkie in the past. But then I spent a few too many years working retail and I think it killed my holiday spirit. I used to work for Bath and Body Works the year the snowmen exploded in the store. We had snowman EVERYWHERE! Lotion and showergel bottles shaped like snowmen, giftsets shaped like snowmen, snowglobe soaps, and had to wear snowmen aprons. I was management so during the holidays I was working 70 hour weeks, so that was 70 hours of snowmen, 70 hours of the same songs repeating every 2 hours... you get the gist. Oh yeah and we put all this out in October.

It wasnt enough to completely kill my holiday spirit, but it definitely squashed it. I cant take any large quantities anymore. And I NEVER set foot in a mall anytime after Thanksgiving if I can possibly avoid it. I think Santa made the internet just for me!

So OK, I confess, while channel surfing I found the Grinch, but instead of keeping going to the next channel, I've left it on. It's for inspiration for this post...really ;)

Posted by Acinom @ 7:45 PM

Read or Post a Comment

It's got to be A Christmas Story... you know, the one where they say "You'll shoot your eye out!" a million times. :)

Posted by Blogger Wildefrost @ 11:20 PM #
 

The Grinch, either animated or Jim Carrey version.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:25 PM #
 

I thought I was the only one who remember Emmitt Otter! I loved that one...

But for me -- the best Christmas special of all has gotta be "A Year Without A Santa Clause" -- Heatmiser ROCKS!

Posted by Blogger Amanda @ 9:23 PM #
 
<< Home