Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 40% improved chance! (and the Dumbass of the Day award)

Ok For all of those of you strolling through from the randomizer or linking from the NaBloPoMo list, I'm doing a question of the day to answer via leaving a comment.

Question du Jour:
If you could do any job in the world (and since this is hypothetical, assume you are already trained/educated to do it) what would you do?

Philanthropist would be my first choice, but in lieu of that Id like to work with House at Princeton Plainsboro Hospital. (I'd also like the fictional life to go with it that problems can be solved in 48 minutes)


So last night I looked at the first 31 blogs on the list. Since I was one of those first 31 that's why it's an odd number. I found that of those 31, 12 of them have failed to post daily. That means 39% of the blogs Ive looked at already have dropped out of the running. If this trend continues through the rest of the list, I can say my odds have almost doubled based on just not failing. Not bad!

I thought Id also post links to my top 3 of those 30. (think of these as the top 10% of their class based on my grading ;) )

100 miles from where?
I dig this woman because she spells her name backwards (like me), is into kitties, (like me), she isnt afraid to admit that her kids make her tired (like me if I had kids), and has visited my blog (but Id like her anyway!)

117 hudson
I dig this one because her tone is somewhat snark without any nastiness. I get the sense that she'd be cool to hang out with.

the 8 to 5 experiment
"there was going to be a cat circus Saturday night. Turns out that was actually tonight, and we had to leave in the afternoon so Chrissi could work the overnight tonight. So, no cat circus for us, but I am going to spend the rest of tonight pretending I am at the cat circus. You should too." This made me laugh out loud. So I continued to read and laughed out loud several more times. Unfortunately when I was reading the bit about the drawer cake eater guy I was drinking some water- it did get snorted out my nose. Very ladylike!

So Ill try and get more looked at tonight. I have an appointment after work so Ill be late getting home, and then I have to finish my mom's stellar sweeper pogo badge for her, and house is on, so I wont make any promises...



Ok on to crankier news...

Yesterday I looked good. I had just colored my damn roots and I was wearing a color that's flattering to me. I had enough sleep over the weekend so the usual dark undereye circles were missing, and I think I might have been running a low temp so my eyes were shiny and my cheeks were pink. (why is it that Im most attractive when Im feeling like crap?) I got multiple compliments. All of the women either said "That's a good color for you" or "your hair looks good today". The men all said something related to "my boyfriend". Or non-existence thereof. One had the audacity to say "youre wasting those good looks on sitting home with cats?" another said something like "you need a man who can appreciate you". These 2 men win the Dumbass of the Day award! It's pathetic it takes TWO dumbasses this time to equal one normal dumbass!)

WTF?????????????????????????

Maybe I should move back north where it wasnt such a stigma to be a spinster...

Posted by Acinom @ 6:28 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Dietician, definitely.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:37 AM #
 

Book editor. Oh, to get paid to read. Utter bliss.


Thanks for the lovely review, btw. *blush* I think I need to make an effort to read more blogs on the list!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:46 AM #
 

something with crafts...teaching, designing etc...

Posted by Blogger kat @ 9:24 PM #
 
<< Home