Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 Happy Birthday Ginni

I knew it had been a while since I updated, but I did not realize how long it had been! Ive been composing great entries in my mind, but I just havent had the energy to put them here. How sad is that? Im in a wee bit of a funk.

Some bad things happened lately to good people. I dont understand this. I've learned one thing working in healthcare- the better person you are, the higher your risk factor for cancer. I dont get it, but it's true. There are pedephiles and animal abusers and people who defraud seniors who are completely healthy. Why dont they get the bad luck?

I guess this sounds like someone I care about was just diagnosed but fortunately it's not true. However 2 people that I know have lost people they care about to senseless accidents.

The wife of one of the radiologists at my hospital was killed immediately by a guy who stole a car and ran a red light. This guy had a record of over 100 offenses. Yet he was on the road and had a chance to kill a mother of two, a nurse who did volunteer work.

A woman from another internet community I frequent was killed when she was riding her beloved horse and was apparantly hit by a logging truck. She was the mother of two who ran her own successful business out of her home.

So there's my depressing post for the morning. Or I guess I should say mourning.



Today is also the birthdate of a friend lost to breast cancer a little over a year ago. I am still friends with her sister and her greif is palpable and it hurts me to see how much she hurts. Again, bad stuff/good people. It sucks.

I am asking please, can good things happen to good people for a while now? thanks.

Posted by Acinom @ 4:42 AM