Monday, October 16, 2006

 Clueless or a Liar?

Today I had an experience that still boggles my mind. Someone who heard the exact same conversation as I did "heard" something completely different.

Now I know Im right. That sounds egotistical or something, but I know I am. I had a preliminary conversation with the third party before this other person became involved in it. I know what was said and it wasnt close to what this other person said was said.

Follow that? Im impressed!

Anyway, I wonder if she heard what she wanted to hear, if she interpreted stuff the way she wanted it to be, or if she just completely lied about it.

When I told her that she must have misunderstood, that was not what what said, she looked at me straight in the eye and told me that I must have misunderstood.

In most situations I would begin to doubt myself at this point (and I wonder if this was her goal) but I am confident based on the prior conversation without her that I know exactly what was said.

Im interested to see how this plays out. The pessimist in me thinks she's trying to manipulate the situation to get what she wants. I hope it was just the optimist in her that heard wrong.

It's hard to tell...

And if you followed this babbling- hats off to you!!!

Posted by Acinom @ 8:36 PM