Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 It's a conspiracy!

So I confess, my eating hasnt been quite healthy lately. Ive put on about 10lbs in the past year and I am getting to the point where I might be ready to actually do something about it before it creeps up even higher. Back in 2001 I lost 34 lbs with Weight Watchers and became a lifetime member. Later, I worked part time as a WW leader. I partially did that because I believe so strongly in the program, and partly because I wanted to keep myself accountable. I figured if I got up every week in front of a room of people and talked about good food choices and activity etc etc, I couldnt do it in good conscious if I was over my goal weight. Ever since I moved to VT and subsequently to NC Ive wandered away from WW and it's showing.

So I was starting to get inspired and then the powers that be conspired to thwart my intentions.

First, Turkey Hill Ice cream was 2 for $5.00 (usually $4.69 each). I love Turkey Hill ice cream!! It's imported from Lancaster County, one of my favorite places I ever lived. Then they had to go and create creamy concoctions that are just unacceptably yummy. They are using Tastykake's as mix in's. How am I supposed to pass something like this up? You cant get Tastykakes in NC that I've found, so here's the only chance for a fix.

So what can I do? I figure Ill finish up my 2 tubs of Turkey Hill and THEN Ill get back on track with my weight loss goals. What's another 5 lbs? I think while Im still being "bad" Ill stop at Taco Bell for dinner tonight!

Posted by Acinom @ 5:37 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I feel your pain. The folks at Haagen Dazs invented strawberry cheesecake ice cream that has bits of graham cracker crust in it. Just too yummy! Clearly it's a conspiracy.

Posted by Blogger Maria @ 8:53 PM #
 
<< Home