Saturday, August 26, 2006

 I cant even use PMS as an excuse... (and friday shuffle a day late)

Im here sniffling and fighting off full blown sobs, and I cant even blame this emotional outburst on hormones. What has brought me to this state you ask? Im watching one of the best movies of the 80's for about the 84000th time and certain parts still get to me. The part that just moved me now was when "Im Free" is playing as they all get ready for the dance.

He fought so hard and went through so much (queue the music for the "You can NEVER never never ever hide your heart; Don't you ever ever ever ever try it; If you don't give your heart wings you'll; NEVER never never ever fly" and I just want to bust out and dance and do gymnastics)

I IM'd my sister to tell her that one of the best movies of the 80's was on and she replied "St. Elmo's Fire?"

We then had an arguement about the best movies. I stand tough saying this one is up there. (Notice I didnt name it, that's for Grits to do! She always wins my "name this movie" contests, but if someone else gets it first, you win!)

So I did a shuffle hoping to at least get "Holding out for a Hero", or even a song from "St. Elmo's Fire" but alas here's what I got. At least the first song is from that cheesy gymnastic's movie that I cant remember the name of... (Grits?)

1. Take it Easy - Andy Taylor (solo break from Duran Duran)


2. I Feel You - Depeche Mode

3. Alleluia - Dar Williams

4. Stand By Me (Live) - U2 with Bruce Springsteen

5. Catalyst - Anna Nalik

6. Are You Out There? - Dar Williams

7. Narration (From Brimstone and Treacle) - Sting

8. Blood of Eden - Peter Gabriel

9. A Mistake - Fiona Apple

10. I Dont Need a Hero - Concrete Blonde

Ok now Im inspired to go either watch more cheesy 80's movies or Brimstone and Treacle- a freaky movie if youve never seen it, Id say watch it, but It's pretty wonky so I dont know if youd like it. But it does star Sting, so you cant beat that! :)

Till next time!

Posted by Acinom @ 4:17 PM