Monday, July 10, 2006

 You put your right paw in you put your right paw out...


So after living with my little boy for 10 years I learned this weekend that he has magical powers. I cant believe it's taken me this long! Here I always thought it was Ringo Stu who was the one with the powers, but apparently I had the wrong cat.

Ever since Ringo was a kitten, any time I had insomnia I'd ask him to cast a "kitty sleeping spell" on me. I figured since cats are such good sleepers that maybe he could pass some of that on to me. The cute part is that whenever I'd ask, he would do the same little ritual. I would lift up the blanket and he would walk under it, turn around and walk out partially so that his body would stay under the blanket and he would lay his head down on the pillow next to mine. He would then put his paws on my face and sigh. Usually I would fall asleep not too long after. (Ok, I confess I think it was the comfort of the cute cuddle that would settle my overactive brain down and that's what really did it, rather than actual magic powers.) Anyway, we've done this for years and I never thought to ask Seamus.

Saturday night I had insomnia pretty bad. After so much tossing and turning Ringo got fed up with me and ditched me. So I turned to Seamus and asked him if he could cast a kitty sleeping spell. Well he walked up from the foot of the bed and came up to the spare pillow next to me. He stood there and did the weirdest thing. He put his one paw forward, then back, then the other and back. I was wondering if he was doing the hokey pokey (that is what it's all about, afterall) but apparently this was his version of the spell. (either that or he was kneading the pillow, it was dark---nah, it was his spell!) After he did his hokey pokey move, he then laid down and started purring so loud and hard that it made my pillow even start to vibrate. I think I was asleep within 30 seconds.

Last night I was afraid of insomnia again, so as soon as I went to bed, I asked Little Boy for his kitty sleeping spell again. He did the same hokey pokey moves and purr combo and I was in dreamland before I realized it.

Who needs Ambien when you have a magical kitty!!

Posted by Acinom @ 7:26 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Smart cats!! Can they train mine??

:)

Posted by Blogger Wild Butterfly @ 7:51 PM #
 

I think it's a gift they have...ask your kitty, maybe they have it too and you just never knew it! :)

Posted by Blogger Acinom @ 8:52 PM #
 
<< Home