Tuesday, July 18, 2006

 Superstitions

So I've always been a bit superstitious. I think alot of this was inspired by my grandmother who always had her little superstitious rules. The one that sticks out in my mind mostly was the "if a bird craps on you, you should go gamble." This did in fact happen to me once! I was walking to class and *SPLAT*. I stopped and bought a scratch off ticket and won $5!! If that was true than other superstitions must be too!

Ok I never bought into the black cat thing- if I did, Id be screwed because I live with one who crosses my path daily. But I do avoid walking under ladders, I pick up lucky pennies, and I always toss spilled salt over my shoulder. In addition to these classics, I've been known to make up some of my own. One that I just was reminded of ( and what inspired this post) was that if I heard a Pat Benatar song while getting ready to go out, it would be a good night. Considering the local radio station where I went to college, WQMU (where the Nittany Lions roar) was obsessed with Pat and played her constantly, it was a usually a good bet.

Conversely, if I heard "Heartache Tonight" by the Eagles, I should just stay home. For like a week. In bed...with the covers over my head.... I dont know why, but whenever I heard this song on the radio, icky stuff happens. Fortunately, I havent heard it in a while. I dont think my current life could stand the extra curse.

I just saw a new commercial for Candies Vintage. If you click there, you can actually watch the commercial too! It made me smile because my immediate thought was "cool! good things will be happening!" I hope this holds true!

One good thing did happen. After Max called me at 1130 last night (better than 1am I guess) I did actually fall asleep again. Then without Max's assistance, I actually managed to get my laptop internet running again. The connection is still slow and crappy, but it's connected. Im going to be happy with that for now. Maybe over next weekend Ill spend another 14 hours with tech support to figure that out. Maybe not.

Another good thing is happening too. One of those mean people in my "mean people suck" post is going on vacation and I wont have to deal with her till next week. Hopefully in the time between now and then a fantastic opportunity will come up for her in another state and that would really make life good.

C'mon, Pat! Keep singing to me! What Id love to hear is "I believe there comes a time when everything just falls in line, we live and learn from our mistakes, the deepest cuts are healed by faith..."

Posted by Acinom @ 7:53 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Well I'll be danged! For sure, next time a bird craps on me, Im running for a scratch-off!! LOL

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 6:39 PM #
 

Hell, dont stop at the scratch off, go for the powerball!!

(and then remember who suggested it when you win!!)

Posted by Blogger Acinom @ 8:55 PM #
 
<< Home