Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 Seeing the twins from a new perspective

So today I was helping out in MRI because they have multiple techs out on maternity leave. I had expressed an interest over a year ago in my interview that I would like to crosstrain into MRI if that was a possibility, so I am hoping that this might lead to that. In the meantime Im just there to help out answering the phones, ordering studies, and loaning my body parts. Ok so that wasnt part of the job description, but they asked if I minded and hey, who would turn down a free highly sophisticated scan like that? The one scanner was down for repair and when they got it fixed the first scheduled patient was for a breast scan and they wanted to do a test run before they did her. So they asked to borrow my boobies!


It was interesting... You lay prone on the table on cushion with holes in it that you put your girls into - sorta like the face thing they have on massage tables. I think the scan was about 20 minutes or so. After it was over I got to see what my breasts look like from the inside out.

The first thing that struck me was just how different the sizes were. I know that every woman's breasts are different sizes, so I figured mine were too, but it was never that obvious to me. Well put em up on a tv screen and it's obvious! The other thing that surprised me was how the nipples dont really look different at all from the rest of the breast. Go figure.

So they burned me a DVD of the scan. How many people can say they have that in their collection? It's not an official scan, they didnt use contrast, but I still have it in case I ever actually have a problem, it's a good baseline to show them.

Posted by Acinom @ 8:50 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I didnt know there were booby MRI's - w/the little cut-out hole thingys. How cool! Is that for like when the mammo shows something iffy and they want to take a deeper look?

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 6:51 PM #
 

Free is good. Having a baseline is good. Knowing your boobies are two very different sizes, not so good. (I'm sure mine are too, I just don't have the evidence on DVD!)

Posted by Blogger Maria @ 1:20 PM #
 
<< Home