Saturday, July 08, 2006

 Baby Steps...and of course some babbling too

I learned something recently. Apparantly I am one of about 6 people left in this world who didnt have a blog. I figured since I have no real life that I wouldnt have anything worthwhile to put in a blog, so it really was not something I should bother with. But last night I was having some insomnia and my brain was on warp speed and I thought of at least a dozen topics that I could blog about. Of course I dont really remember them now, but if I just make a point of blogging when I have insomnia, I should do ok. Who knows if Ill ever update after today? It is possible though that I could actually learn to enjoy this and start doing it regularly. I'll see how it goes.
I used to journal extensively back in high school and college and I loved it. I found it really catharthic. Unfortunately, someone got a hold of my journal and read it and ruined it for me. I tried to start up several times after that and couldnt seem to do it. Maybe if I go into it with the intention and knowledge that this is for others to read, Ill start to enjoy it again.

I post on a small community website and find that Im often starting posts babbling about something or other that few others comment on or reply to and Im ok with that because there's another community I frequent that I do ALOT more reading than posting. I love to read what others have to say but dont really feel it necessary to reply usually. Partially because 14 other people have said what I thought, partially because how many times can you post a smiley face or LOL, or partly because I just dont feel safe putting my words up there. Maybe doing this will lessen my need for the random babblings at the one place- I can just do it here instead, because from what I gather, if you get comments on a blog, that's wicked cool, as opposed to if you do it on a message board, where if you dont get replies you tend to feel like people dont give a shit about what you said. Yeah yeah I know I just said a few sentences back that I didnt care, and I mostly dont. I know that there is a small piece of me though that wants my thoughts to somehow be validated. If youre reading this, Im pretty sure you get what I mean because youre a net person.


Im outside on my porch right now. I love it here. I have a view of trees. A bunny just hopped by, thankfully. I say thankfully because Ringo Stu Kitty wanted to cuddle and it's just a wee bit too hot for that outside. The bunny successfully distracted him. I have
The Alarm playing through their website. They are a relatively obscure band who I love love love. If you dont know them, their style reminds me sorta of old U2. By old I mean Boy, October, War. Nothing later than that. From what Ive read, the Alarm had opened for U2 during that era, so that makes sense. I saw them in concert 3 times in my college years. Each time I pretty much had to bribe someone to go with me since they didnt know them at all. Actually, that's a lie. The first time I basically went alone. They were playing a free concert at my sister's college, Carnegie Mellon. If I remember correctly it was their spring carnival thing, I forget what it was called, all I know is it was a BIG DEAL. They did something called Buggy which was a BIGGER DEAL. I went to visit one year. I had a great time, but the best part was getting there and finding out that my favorite band was playing. My sister had never even heard of them, but someone she knew from the dorm or something was going so she shipped me off with them. It rawked. Up through the 80's/early 90's I owned everything they released, and then they broke up. Well I guess VH1 got them reunited and a new cd was just released. In the inbetween it seems they released a bunch of remasterd b-sides that had been only available in the UK (they're from Wales) and now I realize that I dont own close to their entire catalog. Im torn about what to do.
























So that was a big fat tangent. What I was saying is that I love my porch. I love my cats who are out here with me. And they were the inspiration for the name of my blog. I am pretty close to being a crazy cat lady. I love my boys like my babies, and they are pretty much the center of my life. I'm a spinster, and the saddest part is I honestly am not sure if I could love a man as much as my boys. But that's a post for another day. I think I've babbled long enough for now anyway. Going to go play some mindless games and see if anyone's around to chat with...








Posted by Acinom @ 6:55 PM

Read or Post a Comment

You GO Girl and keep on writing!
(oops, I did gloss over the 'Alarm' part the first time lol - I blame the brewsky!)

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 9:15 AM #
 
<< Home